Breaking

Thursday 31 October 2019

Complex Fracture Surgery Helped Sudan Patient Walk Again PAIN-FREE!

Mrs. Aarifa Zodziai was not able to accept the truth with the injury she received when she fell at work. A nurse by profession she was working in a family practitioner’s hospital in Omdurman City of Sudan, she suffered a seizure and fell out. When she awakened, she realized something has gone wrong.

Mrs. Aarifa Zodziai From Omdurman City of Sudan

I was in a terrible of pain, I was taken by an ambulance to a nearby hospital and when I went to emergency, I regrettably sat 5 hours in the waiting room, and finally was cast till my middle thigh and was asked to go home with a heavy dose of pain killers. After two weeks appointment as at a fracture clinic, I was sitting in tremendous pain before an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon, thinking I was on my way to recovering, but I was highly mistaken when another surgeon came in with my x-ray and said I may need surgery as soon as possible. How my first surgeon did not realize this. Why I did not discuss with an orthopedic surgeon right then? I was not alone asking questions; in fact the entire staff at the hospital was with there with their jaws dropped and eyes opened, to even imagine that how I was even sitting like this for two weeks. I had a spiral fracture of my tibia and fibula had snapped at the ankle. With a ten-year-old, six yr old and a two-month-old at home, I became enraged that I was just sent home with heavy pain killers while in truth, I should have never left the hospital without surgical treatment!

After that Episode, it was scary because the doctors in Sudan could not provide any treatment for it and I and my family were at a complete loss. I made a decision to search for my treatment options outside the as I had lost faith in doctors of Sudan, and India was the best choice due to expertise in the healthcare industry and affordable cost, while exploring the best Orthopedic Surgeons in India, I got to know about Tour2india4health Medical Travel Provider India. I posted a query on their site and soon received a call back from one of the case managers. The case manager asked me to share my reports to send them to some of the best orthopedic hospitals in India. Multiple quotes were received from these hospitals along with the doctor’s opinion. After going through the profiles, I finally decided to get treated at Nanavati Hospital via Dr. Prakash Doshi Mumbai.

The entire following paperwork was assisted by Tour2india4health. The Visa Invitation Letter was arranged by the case manager. Another team member also filled the visa application form. The airport pickup and drop off were also arranged by Tour2india4health Team. I was received at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport Mumbai and taken to the hotel of my preferences by one of the executives of the operations team.

During my scheduled appointment with Dr. Prakash Doshi at Nanavati Hospital Mumbai, he gave his entire medical history in detail. The doctor listened to me very patiently and asked several questions. This was followed by conducting some clinical examinations and ordering further investigations such as X-ray and MRI. After the reports came back, the doctor explained to him that he would need surgery for my fracture as it was a severe case that made it more complicated by the wrong treatment provided at a hospital in Sudan. With my consent, the procedure was done successfully. This was followed by a few physiotherapy sessions for better recovery.

Well, right here, I’m now, two weeks back of however five weeks into restoration. I have a titanium rod inside the tibia from my knee to my ankle, and a metallic plate and screws to accurate the fibula and assist my ankle. I spent four weeks in a cast up past my knee, and now in an air cast (not weight bearing) for an extra four weeks. Total of eight weeks no weight-bearing. I’m doing physiotherapy and workout daily.

Thanks to Dr Prakash Doshi Nanavati Hospital in Mumbai for listening to me patiently and resolving all the issues. The Tour2india4health Medical Travel Partner was very helpful during my treatment to India. I am flying back happily.”

Thank You
Mrs. Aarifa Zodziai
Omdurman City of Sudan

No comments:

Post a Comment